- Who we are
- Sunday Celebration
- Meetings & events
- Building, training & giving
- The Grace Centre
- Wider links
- What about you?
Who we are
There have been a number of prophetic words and visions given to Grace Church that have helped to shape and inspire us over the years. Here are a few of them:
- A vision of a circle of rainbow colours over Bolton - representing various churches working together to bring God's peace to the town
- "The river of God's Spirit is rising, but there are presently many people who live far from its banks. Pray for rain but don't wait for the river to flood. Get ready by digging channels out to where people live, so that the water can flow. Don't worry if at first the ditches are dug but the water has not yet filled them. There will be various ditches according to people's faith."
- A vision of unexpectedly coming across a significant, beautiful waterfall in the midst of an urban environment. We are to be that place of refreshing in the busyness of life for people coming to us.
- "I am giving you a new strategy for gospel communication. Like the pylons connected over a hillside, so I will give you a new season of effectiveness that will carry you over boundaries & hurdles that have been impassable before now. Now I am going to connect you to the wider world."
- A vision of a mantelpiece with various photos on it of each of us in the church, demonstrating God's care for us as members of his family. Several frames were still empty: God has others not yet with us who he also wants to bring into our midst.
- There is a spirit of acceleration: God is in a hurry! God is bringing people to us with various ministries; they will find their fulfilment as they work in partnership with us.
- "The unexpected will overtake the expected". As individuals and as a church we have made plans but unexpected things will occur that disrupt these. When this happens we are to seek God and look for the Holy Spirit because God will give us opportunities in these times to share the gospel and advance the kingdom.